Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tokyo & Seoul update!

I'm back on track! Back in Japan, back in a Hakuba after an intense trip to South Korea. It feels good to be back but it was actually nice to get out of the ski-resort-bubble for a while and see something else. Felt so weird though as soon as the snow disappeared on the way down to Tokyo.. 

So i spent Saturday night in Tokyo with Jen and Luke. I met up with Jen in the afternoon and we went to Harajuku, a very nice area of Tokyo, to have a little wander around.. We went for dinner at the cutest thai restaurant and then went home to their place to get change and get ready to get out. We went out for a second dinner before we met up with Luke and Jens' working mates at 12am in Shibuya. After a long night in Shibuya, you know the area of Tokyo with the crazy crossing, we took the metro train back home at 5.15 in the morning and WE ALL FELL ASLEEP ON THE TRAIN!!! Luke woke up " Jen, Sofia, we need to get off!!!" and when we got of we realized that it was 6.30am... And the ride back to their place would take us 15 minutes which means that we went AN HOUR to far. We were so far out in the suburb of Tokyo... I'm still laughing when i'm thinking about it!!

Harajuku

Yummy thai dinner!


After we realized that we've been going an hour to far on the metro..

My flight to Seoul was not till later on Sunday so i got some sleep in before i went to the airport. When i got to Seoul i took the bus in to the city, got dropped in an area which felt like the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night and couldn't find my hotel. Korean people are definitely not as friendly as the japanese when it comes to helping-you-find-the-way.. I went in to the few, dodgy restaurants that still was open but the literally just stared at me like i didn't existed... Later on i found a taxi with a 60 year old very nice little man in it, he could speak a tiny bit of english, called my hotel and drove me their. I was SO grateful!









My new cute korean friend.


I'm not tall, she's just VEEEERY short!





Yum!

Seoul tower.


The rest of my trip in Seoul was actually very nice! The next day i went to a palace which was really exciting, met some funny people and an old korean man who walked me around the palace and insisted to take like hundred of photos of me all around the palace with my camera. Later on in the afternoon i met up with Dooul, a guy that i lived with in Whistler the first month i lived there. We went to a few different areas , had a real korean BBQ and then we went to the tower of Seoul. The day after i flew back to Tokyo, took the bus up to Hakuba and here i am...

Tomorrow i'm off for some back country skiing at Tsugaike with Andre, i've been craving for hiking!!!
Tjingeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment