Friday, December 23, 2011

All i want for Christmas...

Another day in powder paradise, i've got what i wished for Christmas already... Lots, lots & lots of snow! This is my second christmas away from home, but christmas is probably the hardest time to be away from home. At least for a crazy Christmas enthusiast as me.. Things like decorating the tree, making the ham ready for Christmas eve, waking up on Christmas eve morning and open that first gift is probably what i miss the most. I just love Christmas! But i'll be fine, once you're away from home you learn how to appreciate other things instead. I'm very grateful for having such a lovely family and friends at home but also very grateful for having lots of new friends over here and the fact that i get to live here in Japan for a season is just amazing!!! 

This is what we're praying every night for. This is life.

Happy as a child on Christmas.

Found this pretty little thing on my way home.

Even though i'm far away from home, i must have a Christmas tree! That's been my mission for a month, getting a Christmas-tree-stand was almost impossible.. Anyways, two of the guests and i went out a couple of hours ago and got back to the lodge with a tree. It's probably the worst looking Christmas tree i've ever had, but it smells good, it's a tree and i've been cutting it down myself. I'm quite happy with it, can't be picky when the forest doesn't offer a lot of good looking trees...

Here it is; i actually think it looks pretty with the ornaments. I'm happy! Bring on CHRISTMAS!

To all the swedes; Have a lovely Christmas tomorrow!!! And to the rest of you who celebrate on the 25th, be patient, it'll be your turn...

No comments:

Post a Comment