Saturday, December 3, 2011

My first onsen visit!

We thought we'd been working hard for a couple of days now so we decided to go to an onsen down in the village to relax and start the weekend. An onsen is a hot bath, like a hot tub without bubbles. Men and women in different sections. You get all your clothes off in the first room, go into the next one where you have to sit down and have a shower. Then you can sit down in the onsen, either inside or outside. The onsens were from the beginning natural hot springs, but these days it's mostly heated water. We have an natural onsen next to the lodge though so i might try that one next time! 
Everyone was Japanese except me. Grant told me before i went in that the older ladies could be staring at me and he was right.. Sometimes it feels like people here never have seen anyone with blonde hair before.. Anyways, i'll get used to it!

Tomorrow i'll go to a ski resort 15 minutes away, Hakuba Goryo 47, to ski over the day. And in the evening i was thinking about making Lussekatter and some Chirstmas candy. We'll see what happens, i might be so tired after been skiing all day that i just go back to the onsen for a hot bath.. It takes a while to get those "skiing-legs" back...


This is what my room looks like when it's dark. I actually miss having a roomie, Karin come and make me company!!!! I miss our chats before falling a sleep after a day filled of skiing..

No comments:

Post a Comment