Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kunren kunren, kasai kasai!

I've forgotten to tell you about something that happened yesterday! So yesterday this fireman came to the lodge because we were supposed to have a practice of what to do if a fire started.. I thought fine, that should be okay, he'll probably just gonna tell us how to evacuate etc...

1. He didn't speak any english, luckily Grant knows japanese!
2. We had to make an actual phone call to the fire station in japanese, saying; Kunren kunren, kasai kasai!! Which means fire practice. Then i had to explain where in Hakuba our lodge was, where the fire was, how many guests we had at the moment, my name and phone number.. In the middle of everything i started laughing cause it felt so hilarious and the guy kept asking me things even though i'm sure he could hear by my bad accent that i wasn't native japanese.. I had no idea of what he was talking about... He must been laughing so much at my japanese pronunciation though!!! 
Another thing to cross from my things-to-do-before-you-die-list...

Today another staff arrived, James from New zealand. So we've been driving around showing him the village. I'm sure it's going to be an awesome season! I also made 150 pancakes today! Do i have to say that  i smelled like pancakes miles away?!? Afterwards we went to the onsen to get rid of that smell, love that place. Always feel like a new person after that hot bath! Today a four year old boy starred that much at me that he got his sweater on backwards.. Cute kid!

There's more to explore,
Sofia

Ps. Pray for us, we want snoooow!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment