Saturday, November 26, 2011

I made it.

Finally i'm at my hotel room, i had a pleasant (read; AWESOME) flight between Finland and Tokyo. Just before boarding i checked my boarding pass to see what seat i had. I was in the front which i thought was weird since it's always business class in the front of the bigger planes. I got on the plane and a lady showed me to my seat which was in business class!! If i was rich i would fly business class all the time, my god i slept for three hours in a row in a BED like a princess. So nice, probably the best flight ever!


When i got my luggage (which btw is so heavy.. two pair of skis, one boot bag, one overweight suitcase and my backpack with computer. My hands are so sore!!) i got on the train to Tokyo. Everything was fine till i got off the train at one of the worlds biggest train station. There i was, right in the middle of hundreds of thousands Japanese running around me. I tried to get a cab big enough to fit all my luggage without success.. I have to say that most of the Japanese people's english skills are poor. Today i've wished a couple of times that i was fluent in japanese.. But they are so kind, everyone tries their best even though they don't know a word in english.
A girl called a bunch of taxi companies for me but couldn't get a bigger cab, she showed me the direction for my hotel, a good 15 minutes walk. It took me almost an hour with all those bags... Halfway to the hotel i asked a man if he knew the way, he called the hotel for directions AND WALKED ME to the hotel door. So kind, he saved my life, almost.. I don't think i've ever felt so helpless, my phone didn't work, no one understood me and i had no idea in the world of where i was going.. And i was dragging around bags who weighed at least 70 kilo all together. I got a big boost of confidence today cause i made it! hah I say like Kanye West, "That don't kill me can only make me stronger!"

Tomorrow morning my grandmas Japanese friend who lives here in Tokyo is coming to pick me up. I've never met her before so i'm really looking forward to see her. She just called to my hotel room and we're going to a big temple tomorrow!! Amazing to get a private guide who lives in Tokyo. I'm so excited!

Right now i would prefer to go to bed. Kind of wan't to be awake for at least two more hours or else i'm going to wake up in the middle of the night, ready for a new day! It's not even 6pm yet..

Thumbs up for my hero who walked me all the way to the hotel. You saved my life and made my day!!!

There's more to explore,
Sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment