Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hello from Hakuba!

Kon nichiwa!

The journey to Hakuba went well even though i had to go by subway to the train station.. When i finally got down to the subway after been running up and down to get my bags a man helped me all the way to my platform. Another kind Japanese... From now on i'm going to ask everyone i see with heavy luggage if they need a hand, directions.. anything! Especially foreigners, cause there is nothing worse than being in another country and feeling totally helpless! Anyways, i'm going to be a nicer, kinder and more helpful person!!!

These are the trains here, hi-tech eh?!



Here they are.. everyone looked at me like i was walking around with a bomb..

In Nagano they came to pick me up, thank god for that! We got to Hakuba a bit later that evening after been shopping lots of things for the lodge and went out for dinner. Luckily one of us was speaking (..and reading japanese)... However it seems to be more "japanese" here than i expected it to be, which is even better! I love exploring new cultures, and this is definitely a totally different culture from what i'm used to! I have a feeling this is going to be a great season!
Today we've picked up my lift pass! Yeay! And after lunch i got to drive the car, just to practice being on the "wrong" side of the road. Wasn't that hard really..

No comments:

Post a Comment