Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kon nichiwa!

It's been a looong day since i woke up at 4.30am this morning... I tried to go back to sleep but it was impossible so was studying some japanese and reading a book. At 7 they started serving breakfast, i was starving from last night when i just had a yoghurt so i went down and all they was serving was different rolls of rice, other combinations with rice, a tiny yoghurt and miso-soup. Not really what i was excepting to have for breakfast..


At 11 the japanese lady, Kimiko, came to pick me up, she was adorable, so kind!! We went to Senso-ji Temple which is the biggest temple in Tokyo. It was crowded but beautiful. We made a stop to have matcha ice cream which is ice cream with some kind of green tea leaves in it. Our next stop was Meiji Jingu, a big shrine that was surrounded by an amazing park, right in the middle of Tokyo. We also had Tempura on rice for lunch, one of my favorite japanese dishes! I'm glad i learned how to use chopstick during my past years in Canada while having a lot of japanese food there.. I didn't have to embarrass myself hat much by eating awkward with them..lol After been walking around in the Shinjuku area she walked me back to my hotel at around 6pm. I went straight up to my room for a much needed rest before heading out for dinner...


Kimiko, my guide for the day.

The Thunder Gate at the Senso-ji Temple.







I think i'm the tallest girl in Tokyo, almost..

A cute girl in a kimono.

The Meiji Jingu shrine.

Make a wish...

So many crossings!!


At 8.30pm Jen and Luke, who i met through Watson that i visited in Scotland a bit over a month ago, came to pick me up. By the time i met them in Scotland both of them got a job in Tokyo and moved over even before i came over. The world is so small sometimes, but it was so nice to see them again! We went to a restaurant, had a couple of beers and a whole bunch of different japanese dishes, including mackerel sashimi, salmon, fried rice with meat, edamame beans, grilled squid... The food was amazing!! Hopefully they'll come to Hakuba for skiing anytime soon!

Tokyo by night. The city that never sleeps. Even if it's Sunday night it's crowded every where!!

Jen and Luke.

A weird sign saying, "Smoking prohibited on the street".


I'm off to bed, proud of myself for staying up this late, might been that one hour rest who did it.
Night night!

Ps. They opened a couple of lifts in Hakuba yesterday so when i arrive i'll be able to ski! Yeay!

No comments:

Post a Comment